Chicago @ Memphis
Current Records: Chicago 22-30; Memphis 26-25
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies are 2-8 against the Chicago Bulls since December of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Monday. They will face off at 9 p.m. ET April 12 at FedExForum without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Grizzlies know how to get points on the board — the squad has finished with flashy point totals in its past four matchups — so hopefully Chicago likes a good challenge.
The Grizz came up short against the Indiana Pacers on Sunday, falling 132-125. Small forward Dillon Brooks wasn’t much of a difference maker for Memphis; Brooks played for 31 minutes with.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought game, but Chicago had to settle for a 121-117 loss against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday. Shooting guard Zach LaVine put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 30 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Memphis is expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Memphis is now 26-25 while the Bulls sit at 22-30. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Grizzlies come into the contest boasting the most steals per game in the league at 9.53. Less enviably, Chicago has allowed their opponents an average of 8.5 steals per game, the fourth most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports – Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Chicago have won eight out of their last ten games against Memphis.
- Dec 04, 2019 – Chicago 106 vs. Memphis 99
- Oct 25, 2019 – Chicago 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Feb 27, 2019 – Chicago 109 vs. Memphis 107
- Feb 13, 2019 – Chicago 122 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2018 – Chicago 111 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 07, 2018 – Chicago 119 vs. Memphis 110
- Mar 15, 2017 – Memphis 98 vs. Chicago 91
- Jan 15, 2017 – Chicago 108 vs. Memphis 104
- Apr 05, 2016 – Memphis 108 vs. Chicago 92
- Dec 16, 2015 – Chicago 98 vs. Memphis 85
Injury Report for Memphis
- Justise Winslow: Out (Quadriceps)
- De’Anthony Melton: Out (Leg)
- Jontay Porter: Out (Knee)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Garrett Temple: Game-Time Decision (Hamstring)
/ 2 hours ago
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images Before she was a three-time WNBA All-Star, Nikki McCray was a...
/ 2 hours ago
If you were looking for a singularly unlikely setting for a blazing sports scandal,...